You can now stream or download the live recording of Miss McSkimming: Trouble at Sea, wherever you usually get your podcasts (just search for ‘The Blackshaw Arts Hour’), or listen here!
Tag: radio play
Looking back at…The Final Adventure of Frankie Fightwell
by Chris Buxey
11-12th May 2018, Putney Arts Theatre
Performed in front of a live audience, with live foley (sound effects), this new radio play by Chris Buxey is a dark comedy about principles, money and the importance of family.
Stuart is the author of the beloved Young Adult literature heroine, Frankie Fightwell. While writing the next book in the series, Stuart realises that there might be more than just the usual vampire sharks and giant Nazi man-spiders preventing Frankie from making it to the end of her latest adventure!
We enjoyed the last live audio play so much we decided to do it all again. We had a larger live foley team for Chris Buxey’s delightfully camp, nazi spider romp. And safe to say it was a real treat for the audience and creative team. Oh, and it won Stagedoor’s Wandsworth Arts Fringe 2018 New Writing Award.
Tom Slatter – Dominic/Viktor
Abigail Morgan – Frankie/Rachel
John Rayment – Stuart
Ellie Pitkin – Director/Producer
Andrew Crane – Sound/Foley Designer
Vikki Weston – Producer
Megan Barbour – Foley Team/Intern
Charlotte Bishop – Foley Team/Intern
Alec Mills – Foley Team
Betty Smith – Foley Team/Intern
Looking back at…Some Treachery: A Miss McSkimming Mystery
by Richard Stratton
13th May 2017, Putney Arts Theatre
A live radio play (hilarious sound effects included). A seemingly trivial case soon reveals a dastardly plot that could shake the very foundations of the British Empire. With her faithful valet by her side, Miss McSkimming must get to the bottom of it.
What do you do when you love new writing, audio drama and live theatre? Combine them all of course! The first of our live foley extravaganzas, Some Treachery, set the bar very high. Richard Stratton’s script and the interplay between the foley team and the actors created a brilliantly intriguing spectacle for the audience.
Director – Ellie Pitkin
Live Foley – Andrew Crane
Live Foley – David Turnbull
Sound engineer – Rebecca Hitchcox
Recording Manager – Vikki Weston
ANNOUNCEMENT: Podcast format changing after our 100th Episode
As of Feb 2019, we will be ceasing to broadcast our ‘magazine’ style podcast every fortnight. Instead, we will be focusing our energies on producing more audio drama. As we wind down (or up?) to our 100th episode of the podcast, the next few months’ programming looks like this…
21st Nov – Black Shuck, a radio play, in full
5th Dec – Great Expectations, a radio play, Part 1
19th Dec – Great Expectations, a radio play, Part 2
2nd Jan – Great Expectations, a radio play, Part 3
16th Jan – Great Expectations, a radio play, Part 4
30th Jan – 100th Episode!
Blackshaw Arts Hour – Episode 92
This episodes includes…
- The fifth and final episode of ‘Black Shuck’ by Duncan Hands – Art and Martha were reunited, but that pesky fisherman has turned up and could ruin everything! Can Martha see him off before they’re discovered? In this, the final episode of the series, what will happen to Art and Martha out on the Norfolk Marshes? Will they make it back with their loot? Will they make it back at all…?
- Another couple of clips from 2017’s Scare Slam – Big Eyes by Liam Steward-George (performed by Jessica Brindle), and The Watcher by Joseph Willis
- PLUS a couple of clips from 2016’s Scare Slam (so retro) -Lucy’s Tea Party by Molly Beth Morossa, and The Dewey Ones by Ben Whitehead
Blackshaw Arts Hour – Episode 91
- Matt reviews Ant Man & The Wasp/The Spy Who Dumped Me
- The Scare Slam – it’s a-comin’! Apply to take part. Tickets now on sale.
- We play a taste of what you can expect from the Scare Slam – a piece from last year’s show, The Fatberg of Whitechapel by Reece Connolly
- We chat about Blackshaw’s mates, Non Zero One and their brilliant project, Put Her Forward
- It’s that time again – Victoria Sadler’s round up of female playwrights at off-west end London theatres this year (Spoiler – representation is still a bit rubbish, boo!)
- The penultimate episode of Black Shuck – Art and Martha heard a seal, and then a pair of glowing, spooky, eyes appeared – but turned out to be the lights of the boat – drop off secured, Martha was left alone…until the dog turned up…so where is Art? And is that dog, just a normal dog?!
Listen to the podcast here:
Ant Man & The Wasp – https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5095030/?ref_=nv_sr_1
The Spy Who Dumped Me – https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6663582/?ref_=nv_sr_1
The Scare Slam Tickets – http://bit.ly/ScareSlam2018
The Scare Slam, apply to take part – http://blackshawonline.com/whats-on/
Non Zero One: Put Her Forward – http://putherforward.com/ and http://www.nonzeroone.com/projects/put-her-forward/
Victoria Sadler: 2018 Theatre in Review: Challenges for Female Playwrights Continues – http://www.victoriasadler.com/2018-theatre-in-review-challenges-for-female-playwrights-continues/
Blackshaw Arts Hour – Episode 90
Ellie & Matt are on their holidays, so here’s a quick fix of the Blackshaw Arts Hour to keep you going –
Black Shuck Episode 3 – we’ve heard the tale of legendary Black Shuck, and poor old lopsided Rob’s Dad – we basically had the bejesus scared out of us – so, what was that terrifying noise?!
Talking of terrifying, we can now reveal that Blackshaw’s Scare Slam will be back at the London Horror Festival in October! Details here.
Listen to the podcast here:
Blackshaw Arts Hour – Episode 89
We’re not in the studio this week, but we are still delivering the goods! Here’s episode two of Black Shuck…
Listen to the podcast here:
Blackshaw Arts Hour – Episode 88
- Matt reviews Mission Impossible: Fallout & The Incredibles 2
- Ellie chats about Mama Mia: Here We Go Again
- We play another round of Fringe Roulette
- It’s the first episode of radio drama ‘Black Shuck’ by Duncan Hands!
[podbean resource=”episode=qceez-961d3c” type=”audio-rectangle” height=”100″ skin=”1″ btn-skin=”107″ share=”1″ fonts=”Helvetica” auto=”0″ download=”0″ rtl=”0″]
Blackshaw Arts Hour – Episode 87
Excitement abounds as in this episode we:
- Do another ‘Strat and Alex do Art’: it’s sewing! It gets way more heated than that sounds…
- Review a film – Matt talks about ‘TAU’ off of Netflix ((A new instalment in straight-to-Netflix sci-fi horror B-movie corner!) – TAU Trailer
Pop it in your ear canals…
[podbean resource=”episode=9euh5-952213″ type=”audio-rectangle” height=”100″ skin=”1″ btn-skin=”107″ share=”1″ fonts=”Helvetica” auto=”0″ download=”0″ rtl=”0″]