1. Christmas cards taking over EVERYWHERE making it impossible to find anything with a simple ‘happy birthday’ or ‘thank you’.
2. Shop shelves become filled with festive treats making you wonder how you survived the previous 11 months without mince pies.
3. Shop window displays become an exhibition of all things sparkly.
For me, the winner will always be teddybears.
4. A whole host of new activities to enjoy – the cheesier, the better.
5. Everywhere just looks so much better than usual.
6. Christmas songs playing everywhere. All the time. There isn’t really a picture for that…
7. So much excitement over Advent Calendars, the best way to start a day.
8. Coffee shops have an exciting new range of festive flavours and the special take away cup to match.
9. Classic Christmas films are back on TV and take us back to our childhoods
(OK, maybe not a ‘classic’ yet but Frozen is just great).
10. The John Lewis advert.
And however cheesy it might be, let’s be honest, we know Christmas is coming when we get that feeling in our bellies, the one that’s not indigestion. The excited for no particular reason, wanting to be with friends and family feeling. That’s the Christmas spirit folks.
Have a good one
– Bethany Arnold, Social Events Manager